Monday, October 29, 2007

Injustice

Write an essay in which you describe your coming into awareness of a particular injustice in the world. How did you initially react? What are your initial feelings?

I realized one day at work, as I was throwing away bad food from the grill, that so much food and waste is thrown out in america each day. It's amazing, every day trash is emptied across america by billions of americans. Think of all that waste. Then I thought of all the starving countries acrosss the world. How can us american have so much and other countries have so little? It's sad that we take our life for grandent, even those in america that have it "bad" are still more privilaged then some others. I was struck by this thought and felt pity and angry. Why can't anyone change this? There are so many advocates out there fighting for whats right why is noone fighting for the cure of world hunger. It makes you think before you throw away the rest of that sandwich, or milkshake. If you can't eat it don't get it. I wish I had enough drive and ambition to knock some common sense into the world.

1 comment:

withtehwind said...

Writer's Name: Jen Danner

Reviewer's Name: Melissa Bayer

I noticed that you had a few misspellings and uncapitalized words. Just reread what you've written afterwards and fix any easy fixes.

I liked the emotion that you put into what you believe. As I read it, I could hear your voice as I read. Your misspellings took away from the impact, but again, that's an easy fix.

I wondered what you were doing to help cut down on waste and if you were doing anything to try and stop world hunger.


I would suggest rereading over your work to catch the easy fixes that may distract your reader.

Strong words, phrases, and images in the writing: "It's sad that we take our life for grandent, even those in America that have it "bad" are still more privileged then some others."