Wednesday, October 10, 2007

For what in your life do you feel most grateful?

Ever since I was little no matter how hard things got I was never concerned about not having a place to sleep or a good home to come back to. In my life my mother is the thing that I am most grateful for. My father and mom split up when I was only one, and since then I have been thrown back and forth between the two families. My mom worked two jobs and took care of me which was tough. I always had plenty of family to take care of me so when my mom needed someone to watch me my family would pitch in. As I grew older my mom became the one person I relied on and took care of. It's funny how I relied on her and now she relies on me. I have seen some pretty rough stuff between my mom and at the time her boyfriend, now my half brother and sisters dad, happen. It was hard and even with being so much smaller I tried my best to stand up for her, and protect her. I am most grateful for my mom because she always had a solution for any problem and no matter how hard things got she always managed to put food in our mouths and a roof over our head. She's a very strong women and I hope that I can be just as strong as she is and stand up for myself and children.

No comments: