Monday, September 10, 2007

Place id like to visit....

The place that I would most like to visit is Amsterdam. I always thought that it would be an interesting place to visit. Amsterdam sounds like a fun and crazy place.
There are many historical sites to see in there. There are three major museums, the Rijksmuseum, Stedelijk, and the Van Gough. The Rijksmuseum has many famous painting by great 1700th century painters from the Netherlands. It also contains many artifacts. Stedelijk contains major collections of art from around the 1800’s. The Van Gough is dedicated to his contemporaries. I think that it would really be neat to see these sights.
Other popular sights that would be amazing to see would be the Ann Frank House, Artis Zoo, and the Heineken Brewery. The Ann Frank house is a historical sight that was the famous wartime hiding place for Ann, the little Jewish girl. Artis zoo is a really neat sounding zoo that has a really good aquarium. Saving the last for best I would love to visit the Heineken Brewery. It used to be a brewery until a few years ago when it turned into a museum and visitors center. No children are allowed, no reservations and you get free beer!!!!
And of course before I would leave the country I would have to visit the Hot Hast Chocolate cafĂ©’s . This are some of the reasons why I would love to visit Amsterdam for my dream vacation.

2 comments:

withtehwind said...

Writer's Name: Jenphr Danner

Reviewer's Name: Melissa Bayer

I noticed that you were very consistent with the tense you used and that you seemed very knowledgeable about the area that you wanted to visit.


I liked that you had many different reasons for your choice of location. You had museums, a zoo and a few other interesting locations as well. You have a very clear and understandable reasons as to why you'd like to go to Amsterdam.


I wondered why you choose some of the locations in Amsterdam that you did. You gave some of the details of what the places had to offer, but the connection between you and the different locations wasn't clear to me.


I would suggest just adding some personal details to the piece. It almost seemed like you were a tour guide or one of those pamphlets that you get at a travel agency. Just add some more details to make it seem more humanish. Sorry, not trying to be mean.


Strong words, phrases, and images in the writing: When speaking of the museums with the different artists I could imagine the certain style mentioned. When talking about the brewery I could literally see a bottle of beer. The chocolate cafe, caused me to smell the delicious aroma. Very good at getting the sense involved in your writing.

Alan Foster said...

Good work.